BY Pavither Sidhu
In the past several years, places like Semenyih have experienced substantial population growth, ranging from 10 per cent to 25 per cent per annum, mainly as a result of better affordable housing options and improved connectivity.
Many working professionals and young families are migrating from congested areas such as Cheras and Sungai Long to make Semenyih their new address.
A key contributor to Semenyih’s rising appeal is the popular Setia EcoHill township, created to provide modern living standards within healthy and eco-friendly surroundings.
As a sequel to this successful venture, the developer, SP Setia Bhd, is providing consumers more affordable options with its Setia EcoHill 2 project, offering a sanctuary away from the big city with convenient access to modern amenities.
Setia EcoHill 2, a 1,010-acre township, comprises residential and commercial properties with 51 per cent of the land dedicated to landscaping and infrastructure. While 38 per cent is earmarked for residential, the remaining 11 per cent is reserved for commercial properties.
To be launched this month is Setia EcoHill 2’s maiden phase, comprising 258 units of double-storey terrace houses and 96 units of linked semi-detached homes. The former come in land sizes of 20ft by 65ft, 20ft by 70ft and 22ft by 70ft and are priced from RM553,000, while the latter measure 32ft by 60ft and start from RM668,000.
One plus point here is the 10:90 build-then-sell package offered by the developer. After paying the first 10 per cent at the point of signing the sale and purchase agreement, there are no other progressive billings until the completion of the property. The remaining 90 per cent is invoiced upon delivery of vacant possession supported by the certificate of completion and compliance.
Setia EcoHill 2, with a gross development value of RM5 billion, features eight iconic themed gardens, housing over 300 species of flora and fauna. Promising the best of highlands, woodlands and wetlands, the township is inspired by the three key elements of nature, which are air, earth and water.
Uniquely, the landscaping of this development was put together using trees that were salvaged from the original site and carefully replanted. More than 80 acres are reserved for green parks, while approximately 17 acres are earmarked for wetlands.
“Setia EcoHill 2 will embody the best of our ’Live Learn Work Play’ Setia development philosophy. The township is master-planned to satisfy the four important aspects of our lifestyles. With verdant greenery to enhance liveability and community activities, over 100 acres of concentrated commercial development and prominent education institutions surrounding the township,” said executive vice president Tan Hon Lim.
Residents of Setia EcoHill 2 will also enjoy a neighbourhood convenience mall of 200,000 sq ft equipped with commercial lifestyle outlets called EcoHill Walk, situated in the nearby Setia EcoHill township.
SP Setia has also embarked on constructing the LEKAS-EcoHill Link, which directly links the LEKAS Highway to Setia EcoHill, thus alleviating the congestion along Jalan Semenyih. The construction for the 3km dual carriageway link road started last April.
“Delivering proper connectivity into our townships has always been part of our promise to our community. To this end, we have invested RM80 million to construct the Lekas-EcoHill Link for our community in Setia EcoHill and we are investing RM50 million to extend the link to Setia EcoHill 2 so our community here can enjoy the great connectivity as well,” Tan said.
The LEKAS highway offers easy access to Kajang, Cheras, Putrajaya, Seremban and Kuala Lumpur. Other highways include the PLUS Highway, the SKVE, SILK and Kajang-Seremban Highway.
The township is also located within proximity to hypermarkets such as Tesco and eateries such as McDonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC.
In addition, banks, clinics and education institutions such as government schools, Nottingham University (Malaysian Campus), the German Malaysia Institute, University Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and Universiti Putra Malaysia are also within 20km radius from the township.
Construction of the first phase is targeted to commence in July 2016 and completed in mid-2018.
The entire Setia EcoHill 2 will be completed in stages over a period of 10 years from 2016 to 2026.